We generally spend most of our time either at home or in our community, so there is a good chance that first aid skills will come in handy at some point. This makes basic first aid training and knowledge important to have since injury and illness can happen to anyone, at any time.
Benefits of First Aid Training
First aid training is incredibly beneficial as it will help an emergency situation from progressing before emergency responders arrive. For those of you on the fence, here are some more reasons why first aid training is beneficial in our communities:
- Basic first aid saved lives. First aid training gives you the confidence and control to act in an emergency situation.
- First aid reduces pain and discomfort. Knowing which injuries require emergency medical attention can be incredibly helpful. Simply applying ice to a wound can help ease someone’s anxiety about their injury.
- Security and peace of mind. When you have the right tools, and know that you are capable of administering first aid in a situation, will promote a healthier and happier community environment for yourself and those around you.
First Edition First Aid Training
Mental and physical health are linked, so both physical and psychological first aid training is offered by First Edition. Be ready for any harmful emergency with these first aid courses:
- Standard First Aid – This comprehensive 2-day course provides individuals with emergency first aid knowledge, as well as other injuries and illnesses that may or may not be life-threatening. Register here.
- Emergency First Aid – This 1-day course will teach individuals to respond to life-threatening injury and illness emergencies. Register here.
- Psychological First Aid – This course aims to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and promote positive conversations about health and wellness in all environments. Register here.
The more people who know first aid, the safer our communities will be. Awareness is key because you may be someone’s lifeline.