First Aid Courses are recommended regardless of age, skill, or industry. However, the first aid course that you should take is dependent on your lifestyle. While injuries and emergencies can happen at any time, in any place, to anyone, some lifestyles have more risk, which requires a higher level of first aid skill and knowledge. Whether you are an adventurer, a corporate employee, a creative, or a provider, all lifestyles require a basic understanding of first aid.
There are two different first aid training options, standard first aid and emergency first aid, and both are offered by First Edition’s Calgary First Aid Training! First aid training is an opportunity for you to learn common and basic first aid skills, such as responding to emergencies, CPR and AED training, wound care, choking and breathing emergencies, poisons, and physical injuries.
- Standard First Aid is a two-day comprehensive course that gives you in-depth standard and emergency first aid knowledge, preparing you for emergencies, potential injuries, and illnesses, both life-threatening and not, to adults, children, and infants.
- The Standard First Aid Level A – Adult course costs $135
- The Standard First Aid Level C – Adult, Child/Infant course costs $145
- Emergency First Aid is a specific one-day course that teaches you to respond to life-threatening medical emergencies for adults, children, and infants.
- The Emergency First Aid Level A – Workplace (Adult) course costs $110
- The Emergency First Aid Level C – Adult, Child/Infant course costs $115
Whether you spend time in the backcountry or front country, it is always recommended that you know Standard First Aid. Since Adventurers may be farther from emergency response, adventurers face higher risks in their lifestyle. Standard First Aid is recommended because the two-day course teaches you how to deal with many standard and emergency illnesses and injuries, including hypothermia, cuts, sprains, bug bites, and allergic reactions.
Before you head out, always ensure that you have packed the right safety equipment for your adventure, including but not limited to:
- A First Aid Kit
- Purchase the OHS First Aid Kit from First Edition AED.
- Satellite Phone
- Basic Survival Gear – Fire Starter, Emergency Blanket, and a signaling device.
Prioritizing the corporate lifestyle or entrepreneurial hustle is not to be taken lightly, and neither should First Aid Training. There are many things to consider when working in an office or business setting and interacting with coworkers and the public. Many key safety elements are recommended for any in person or remote workplace, such as:
- A First Aid Kit
- An AED
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flashlights or Emergency Lighting
- Emergency Exit Plan
- Workplace Specific Training
- First Aid Training
Safety in the workplace should be a priority and First Aid Training should not be left off this list. First Edition AED offers Company Onsite First Aid Training for you and your staff to professionally train and certify in Standard First Aid. And, since cardiac arrest can happen to anyone at any time, having an AED in your office is also recommended. We recommend the HeartStart Onsite AED for any workplace.
The Provider refers to any caregiver, parent, babysitter, teacher, daycare, roommate, or family member. If your life includes living with or taking care of someone else, Standard First Aid or Standard Child Care First Aid is recommended so you have the confidence to deal with many common injuries that happen at home, or in the classroom.
First Edition AED offers both a Standard Child Care First Aid course and an Emergency Child Care First Aid course. Both courses are recommended for parents, caregivers, and companies with children present.
- Standard Child Care First Aid is a two-day course that offers both emergency child care first aid at home or work, and in-depth knowledge about injuries and illnesses that may or may not be life-threatening.
- This Standard Child Care First Aid Level B – Child Care course costs $150
- Emergency Child Care First Aid is a one-day program that prepares you for life-threatening child care emergencies at home or work.
- This Emergency Child Care First Aid Level N – Child Care course costs $120
And did you know that there is first aid training for pets? Check out this list of places to learn Pet First Aid and take care of your furry family members too!
The Socialites are those people-persons in the community who spend lots of time interacting with others, likely on sports teams and/or in community groups. Private group Standard First Aid Training is recommended to ensure all associated members are equipped to handle first aid and cardiac emergencies in their tight knit groups. And on top of that, Psychological First Aid training is highly recommended. Psychological First Aid aims to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health, promote positive conversations between people, and promote.
There are three training options offered by First Edition AED: the full Psychological First Aid course, and two online Psychological First Aid courses focusing on Self-Care and Caring for Others.
- Psychological First Aid offered in-class or blended.
- The full in-class course costs $155
- The full blended course costs $125
- Psychological First Aid: Self Care is a self-directed, online course designed for anyone interested in learning self-care strategies.
- This online course only costs $20
- Psychological First Aid: Caring For Others is a self-directed, online course designed for anyone looking to develop skills necessary for helping others cope with stress.
- This online course only costs $20
Whether you need Standard First Aid Training or Emergency First Aid Training, first aid is important in our communities and it will give you the confidence to act in an emergency situation, whatever lifestyle you live.